Gameweek 29 saw some interesting fixtures and results and here are the highlights.
- League leaders Chelsea continue to lead the back with a 10 point lead when they beat Stoke City away with a final score of 1-2. Goals by Willian and Gary Cahill for the blues.
- Arsenal continue their downward spiral and lost 3-1 away to West Brom. Alexis Sanchez was on the score sheet but he limped off in the middle. It remains to be seen how serious the injury is and how much it will impact Arsenal’s fortunes.
- Manchester United defeated Middlesborough 1-3 away. Goals from Fellaini, Valencia and a thunderous shot from Lingard secured all 3 points which saw the Reds climb above Arsenal in the table to 5th place; 4 points behind Liverpool with 2 games in hand.
- Everton’s Romelu Lukaku continued his blistering form as he scored 2 and created 1 goal in a 4-0 riot of Hull City at Goodison park. Lukaku is now at 21 goals for the season in the premier league.
- Tottenham retained 2nd position after beating Southampton 2-1 at White Hart Lane in a heavily contested match. Gabbiadini limped off for the Saints.
- Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero scored as City came from behind to draw 1-1 with Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium.
These were the major talking points. Get all the results and reactions https://www.premierleague.com/results here.
Image credits : Google image search