This game week saw some interesting results and some significant shifts on both sides of the table. Here’s a recap :
- Leicester city continue their resurgence and make it 5 wins out of 5 to climb up to the 10th spot in the league.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s 94th minute penalty salvaged a point for United who struggled to score against Everton at Old Trafford. Final score 1-1.
- Arsenal cruise past West Ham 3-0 at home to regain the 5th spot, sending Manchester United back to 6th; a position that United fans have begun to loathe.
- Hull beat Middlesborough 4-2 in a relegation battle and climb out of the relegation zone with those valuable 3 points. Things look really grim for Sunderland and Middlesborough and I’m afraid it might be too late for them now.
- 3 late goals for Spurs, including 2 injury time goals sent Swansea down into the relegation zone who will surely feel robbed after leading for 88 minutes. Spurs finished strong keeping their title chase alive.
- Chelsea left Stamford Bridge with all 3 points after beating Manchester City 2-1. Aguero and Stones nearly equalising for the visitors deep into stoppage time. Chelsea keep their 7 point lead intact.
- Liverpool slipped up and drew 2-2 with Bournemouth at home. Joshua King equalised in the 87th minute.
The League table as it stands can be seen on this link : https://www.premierleague.com/tables
image credits : Google image search.
Data collected from premierleague.com